Benefits to temperate marine aquaria are:
- Rapid reduction of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate;
- Digestion of uneaten/undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other latent organic material, resulting in cleaner and healthier aquarium substrate (without having to physically clean or disturb the substrate bed);
- Reduction of organic compounds into nutrients that encourage the growth of photosynthetic organisms (e.g.zooxanthellae, macro-/microalgae);
- Greatly-reduced hydrogen sulfide production;
- Increase in dissolved oxygen concentration;
- Decreased availability of existing phosphate to undesirable forms of algae and cyanobacteria;
- Increased water clarity.
• Supplied in a state of suspended animation for maximum longevity.