Complex system of non-pathogenic microbes and natural enzymes, specifically formulated to clean aquarium live rock and decorations.
- Professionals use MicrōBacterCLEAN to combat the "ugly stage," that time right after initial cycling when the tank is starting to season. Prevents much of the ugliness
- For best results, use MicrōBacterStart XLM to start the aquarium and then switch to MicrōBacterCLEAN after the initial cycle.
The concentration of dissolved and particulate organic materials in any aquatic environment can have a significant impact on the overall appearance of, as well as the health of organisms residing within, that system. Relatively low-nutrient environments are characterized by high water clarity, lack of unpleasant odors, and absence of unsightly coatings; this is collectively a result of the lack of nitrogen-, phosphorus-, and carbon-based waste available. Aquaria that are relatively rich in available nutrients have characteristics opposite to the afore mentioned, and are typically not desirable because of the resultant appearance of the system and the difficulty of maintaining healthy aquarium inhabitants.
Brightwell Aquatics MicrōBacter CLEAN is a selective complex of extremely effective microbes and enzymes that not only reduce the concentrations of organic nitrogen, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, and organic carbon in all marine ecosystems, but make maintenance easy by actually loosening accumulations and coatings.
- Natural Cleaning action on all aquarium and decoration surfaces
- Loosening of ugly accumulations of unwanted substances and coatings, making removal by scraping and vacuuming much easier
- Establishment of bacterial colonies that multiply and continue to clean the aquarium
- Rapid reduction of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate
- Digestion of uneaten/undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other latent organic material, resulting in cleaner and healthier aquarium substrate (without having to physically clean or disturb the substrate)
Instructions & Guidelines
Shake product well before using. Mix appropriate volume of MicrōBacter CLEAN (see below) with 250-ml (~8 fl. oz.) of aquarium water in a clean container prior to addition to aquarium. If using a pipette to dispense MicrōBacter CLEAN below water level of container or aquarium, be sure to thoroughly clean pipette with fresh water prior to placing tube back into MicrōBacter CLEAN bottle; failure to do so will contaminate the product. Best results may be obtained by adding mixture to external biological filtration system. Works particularly well with Xport. Do not add to pump intake port(s). Turn protein skimming and UV-sterilization off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria. While utilizing MicrōBacter CLEAN continue good maintenance practices such as regular vacuuming, using purified water for additions, and limiting the addition of unnecessary nutrients.
For normal cleaning and to maintain a clean aquarium: Add 20 ml (4 capfuls) per 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) [≈16 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water weekly.
For problem aquariums or to rapidly accelerate cleaning: Add 30 ml (6 capfuls) per 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) [≈24 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water on the first day, then add Add 5 ml (1 capful) per 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) [≈4 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water daily for 2 weeks or longer as necessary until desired results are achieved.