Using a RODI system without a TDS meter is like driving a car without a speedometer and gas gauge. At some point you will end up in trouble. With RODI systems it is TDS that you will want to monitor for performance and filter quality. By using a dual TDS meter it will allow you to see your TDS readings in two places. We will usually suggest putting one probe before the DI stage and one after the DI stage to show what your RO is producing for water quality and then how your DI is performing by removing all remaining TDS from the final product water.
The DM-1 Dual Inline TDS Meter from HM Digital is one of the most important reverse osmosis accessories. This tool monitors the TDS of your reverse osmosis system in two places and lets you know exactly how the system is performing.
Suggested: installing the dual TDS meter post membrane and post DI stage. These two readings will notify you when it's time to change the RO membrane and DI resin. This unit features a digital display and comes with two 1/4" GA Murdock Quick Connect Tee's with double o-rings to ensure a proper seal. As with all HM-Digital products, the DM-1 comes factory calibrated.
The DM-1 is consumer friendly monitor measuring feed (input) water vs. product (output) water of a water filtration system at any time. This device is ideal for Reverse Osmosis (RO), Deionized water (DI) filtration systems that work well in variety of application such as drinking or potable water, Aquariums, Hydroponics and many more.
- Displays TDS levels feed water and product water with in & out electrode probes
- Efficient and accurate with advanced microprocessor technology
- Auto-Off function conserves battery power. (Shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use)
- Factory Calibrated: our meters are calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. Meters can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver.
- Comes equipped with two 1/4 inch T-fittings (also available in 3/8″ and 1/2″)
- Installs quickly and easily
- Range: 0-9990 ppm Dual Range 0-9990 ppm (From 0 – 999 ppm the resolution is 1 ppm. From 1000 to 9990 ppm, the resolution is 10 ppm, indicated by a blinking ‘x10’ image.)
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Conversion Factor: NaCl (avg. 0.5)
- Cable Length: 24.5″ (including sensor)
- Fittings: 1/4″ standard, also available with 3/8″ or 1/2″
- Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (LR44 or equivalent; included)
- Battery life: approx. 1000 hours of continuous use
- Size: 7.6 x 2 x 4.7 cm (3 x .8 x 1.9 in.)
- Weight: 79.4 g (2.8 oz.)