The most important parameters in any shrimp tank are GH and KH. These two measurements will directly affect the Ph in an aquarium and what types of fish or shrimp you will be able to keep. GH stands for general hardness and this measurement can be raised by using a product called Salty Shrimp GH+. KH stands for carbonate hardness and you can raise this measurement with Salty Shrimp GH and KH+. KH is what directly influences the stability of Ph in an aquarium so for soft water shrimp it is import to keep KH under 3.
- GH and KH are the most important parameters for Shrimp Keeping
- GH is general hardness
- KH is carbonate hardness
- A low KH increases the chance of Ph swings
- Low levels of KH need active substrate to control PH
- Low GH is suitable for most Caridina Shrimp
- High GH is suitable for most Neocaridina Shrimp